Tuesday, June 15, 2010

my return to blogging

It has been quite a while since I've used this whole blogspot thing. I figure it would be healthy to get back into writing down some of my thoughts. Currently I am back at home with my family for the summer. I will probably be here for about a month. My initial intent for coming home was to get foot surgery. After going to the foot doctor yesterday and being talked out of surgery for the time being, I decided that is probably the smartest choice for now, considering it takes 8 weeks to heal and I begin school in the middle of August. who wants to be on crutches for that long. yuck. I guess I will just have to wait for a bigger gap of time in which foot surgery can proceed.

I just finished watching a documentary called addicted to plastics. It approached the problem of our addiction to plastics and the danger that plastics can have on our environment. It revealed the terrifying reality of overflowing land fills and a plastic soup that we call the ocean. This scary reality of trash filling up our world really hit me. I even started to think about what I could do as far as work related to this. environmental engineering? I guess it's something to think about, especially since I have summer on my hands right now. We'll see where God wants me. For now, I want to stop using plastic bags and find out where my recycled trash is really going.

No comments:

Post a Comment